A TABLE FOR LIFE
Hear Line talk about how to best make your new dining table last a lifetime (notice: in danish)
You've got a new table - what now?
When you receive a new table from MAKE nordic, it is always oil-treated in advance. But it is individual how much oil you want to give your table. Some may want it mirror-bright, while others want it completely natural and almost untreated.
A new table may seem more susceptible to grease and stains when you use it for the first time than when it has been in use for a few months. This is general for all wooden tables, whether you have bought it from us or elsewhere.
If you want a more saturated surface, we recommend that you give your table oil shortly after receipt – and maybe again after a few weeks. If you do not have a good oil, you can buy it from us or in a hardware store.
How to treat your table
In the video below, Benny shows you how to oil your new dining table. You can also follow the guide below the video.
HOW TO OIL TREAT YOUR TABLE
- The surface is sanded with a sanding sponge, a kitchen sponge or sandpaper grain 120-180. Remember to grind along the veins of the tree. Vacuum the plate free of dust afterwards and run over the plate with a dry cloth before oiling.
- Shake the oil thoroughly.
- Apply an appropriate amount of oil with a cloth in an evenly covering layer. Remember that the back of the table and legs must also have oil – and any additional plates as well.
- Wait approx. 10 min. (at room temperature) while the oil is penetrating the wood. If there are dry areas, these must be given a little extra oil.
- After approx. 10 min. you wipe off excess oil with a lint-free cloth. The surface must be completely free of excess oil.
- After 24 hours, the table top is dry. The table must not be affected by water during this period.
Have a great time with your new table! Remember that you are always welcome to contact us if you have any questions or need help. Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at tel. 29103800